USER GUIDE – Click on this link to go to the full detailed user guide
How to Register or Log-In for the first time.
please join the portal – Its FREE
First time Mobile Users See Mobile instructions below Desktop / Laptop / Tablet users
First time Desktop / Laptop / Tablet users :
- Click Join on the Red main menu bar then select the Green Labelled “Create New Account”
- Enter User Name (E.mail) and a Password
- Please add a profile picture. This helps new people to the village to recognise you
- Add a little about yourself (Optional) this could be as simple as “Im Hector and I like fishing and walking”
- Remember to save your information – You can then send other friends a message or just say hello.
Please pop on regularly to check whats new on events and updates
For Mobile Users (first time registration)
Click Here Scroll down to the Green label – select “Create New account” Then follow steps 2 -5 above
On Future visits – Use the Login option.
What information does Smart Village contain?
Information/Town Documents is where you will find a large amount of useful info. ranging from weather , Storm warnings, Flood Warnings, Traffic Reports, Transport Links and much more. Community Policing updates are also found here – You need to be registered to receive these.
MOBILE USERS can go direct via these fast Links below:
- Weather, Storm and Flood Warnings and advice in preparing for flooding events with Scottish Flood Forum advice
- Travel, Road closures, Road Works,
- Transport: Gives Bus, Train, Ferry and Flight departure times from every Scottish Airport and Ferry cancellations etc.
- Community Safety & Health links are listed, Neighbourhood Watch, Rural Watch
- Council Services: Stirling Council services and see National Park Planning applications. Link to Councillors, MSP & MP.
- User Guide for Admin/contributors use
- Members this is a list of everyone who has joined the village Portal – Please add yourself through the Join Button described above.
- Forum The forum is snippets of information put out by Groups in the village
- Groups show the pages dedicated to the Groups in the village ready for them to update as they wish once volunteers are found for this.
Check the Events Diary to see what’s going on in the village – any event can be included. There are a few on there already such as Crafternoons, Balvaig Music Sessions, BLS Community Council Meetings, Ladies Speakeasy Lunch, Stuc Race and its Ceilidh afterwards, Mini Stuc event etc. This listing will be updated with new events as they are arranged.
In directory Scroll down below the categories and Map and you will see a list of all the businesses in the Village ( 4 pages of information) includes places to stay, places to eat and drink Self Catering, other Local Businesses and so much more that the village can add as you become used to using the system. Let us know if you are a business owner and wish to be included.
This is a list of local people linked to their job/service with a short description of what they do and links to a web site etc.
This is aimed at Tourists and visitors to the village with details on things to see and do, History, Heritage our Myths and Legends. This information can be easily added to.
Village Blog on the left-hand side of the page to add Articles related to the Village.
This portal belongs to the people of the village Please let me know if you wish to be involved in updating it for your group or for the village.
Its early days on this for everyone, but it will grow to meet the future needs of the village the way the village wants it to.
- The primary school are quite keen to get involved with some projects, which we hope to feature on the portal under teacher supervision.
- Community Police officer, will update the village on anything important happening he feels we should know about. If you want to receive these updates its important to be registered to receive them.
- Groups like Stuc A Chroin have a page to cover the Big Race and the smaller Ben Sheann event. Our links allow access to marshall info updates or race results.
- BLS Community Trust and the newly re-formed Community Council have a page each – The Community Council have their minutes listed on the site.
- Once online, you have the ability to add links to your own Web sites / Social Media links etc. and to communicate with friends and neighbours and do so much more.
- For those happy to add a telephone number and e.mail address, this could become an up to date Telephone directory for the village.
- There is a Smart Strathyre Development page started which we hope will lead to an informal group to discuss the Development of the Portal.
There is a Blog section on the left-hand side to use for community articles.
An Admins and Contributors User Guide can be found at: INFORMATION / TOWN DOCUMENTS on the Top Menu Bar.
Town Documents include:
- Weather and Travel
- Council Services and National Park Links
- Community Safety and Health links
- User Guide for Admins and Contributors
- Elected Representatives
- Community Policing Updates page
There will be new items regularly added so please check in now and then for what’s new.
Please pop on and have a look.
If you would like to be involved in the development of the Smart Village Portal please let email@example.com know – even if its only for your own group.
Smart Village Scotland