July 20, 2019
Balquhidder, Lochearnhead and Strathyre Highland Games and Gathering
(traditional seat to Clans MacLaren, MacGregor, Stewarts of Ardvorlich and Macnab)
Saturday 20th July 2019
Ticket prices: £6 adult; £4 children 5-16 (free under 5)/Senior Citizens (pay at the gate, cash only)
Dogs on lead welcome
FREE car parking, follow signposts; disabled parking on field; designated parking area for camper vans
Located adjacent to A84/A85, 13 miles north of Callander, 20 miles west of Crieff (satnav use FK19 8PR)
Experience a traditional Highland Games which has run for more that 200 years (dancing, pipe band, Clan March, piping, heavyweight & track/field events) and which featured on the BBC2 ‘Scotland’s Wild Heart’ series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-PM0wX7Qtk&sns=em
- Events for all (not just athletes) including fun races for children; parents are asked to keep an eye on children and not let them enter or cross the games ring at any time
- Range of trade stands offering quality goods, kids entertainment, food and drink
- Picnic on the grass around the games ring; please do not bring glass onto the field
- Meet Clan representatives at the Clan tents
- Later in the day enjoy the traditional folk band ‘Pure Malt’ in the beer tent
Programe of events
- 10.00 am Gates open
- 10.30am Piping commences
- 12:00 local events and highland dancing start.
- 13.00, after the Clan March onto the field accompanied by the Games Chieftain and the Badenoch and Strathspey Pipe Band, the main games events continue
- 17.00 or thereabouts ‘Pure Malt’ the traditional folk band will be performing in the beer tent until the close at approx. 20.00.
Pick up a programme on the day for full details of the gmes
Why not come for the whole weekend and stay locally – Great choice of accommodation in Lochearnhead, Strathyre, St Fillans and Balquhidder including Camping and Caravan parks.